L/stone GOtv subscribers take Multichoice to task
Published On January 5, 2018 » 896 Views» By Evans Musenya Manda » Latest News, Stories
 0 stars
Register to vote!

By KELVIN MUDENDA –

.GOtv

.GOtv

MORE than 1,000 GOtv subscribers in Livingstone have challenged Multi-Choice Zambia to explain why they have had no access to the digital pay television platform since Friday last week.
But Multichoice Zambia public relations manager Mwika Malindima said the lack of GOtv signal being experienced in Livingstone was being caused by an external interference on their frequency and server.
GOtv is a digital pay television platform owned by Multichoice Africa and was established in a number of countries in Sub-Saharan Africa.
The subscribers who stormed the GOtv offices in Livingstone yesterday demanded that the channels be restored or their subscription fees be refunded.
One of the affected customer Daniel Liwenga said the officers at the Livingstone office had failed to give them proper answers and referred them to the Lusaka head office.
“Since Friday these people have just been telling us stories and they are not giving us directions as to when the problem will be rectified. We paid for a service but up to now the channels are not showing and so let them tell us if they have failed so that they refund us our money,” Mr Liwenga said
Another affected subscriber Agnes Nyambe said the only feedback she had received from GOtv were continuous text messages stating that their technicians were working on finding a solution to the problem.
But when contacted for a comment, Mr Malindima said the lack of GOtv signal being experienced in Livingstone was being caused by an interference on their frequency and server.
Mr Malindima said the same challenge was also being experienced by subscribers in Solwezi.
“Our GOtv server has been affected by an interference on the frequency. Livingstone and Solwezi are the towns that are currently affected and our technicians are already on the ground to try and address the situation,” Mr Malindima said.
He said Multichoice has since engaged the ministry responsible and other relevant authorities to try and address the matter as quickly as possible.
“We have since engaged the authorities and once we conclude our discussions, we shall issue a comprehensive statement to our subscribers.
“We appologise for the inconvenience caused to our subscribers in Livingstone and Solwezi but we can assure them that things will be back to normal soon,” he said.

Share this post
Tags

About The Author

Comments are closed.