Dad burns daughter’s fingers
Published On September 25, 2014 » 2373 Views» By Hildah Lumba » Latest News, Stories
 0 stars
Register to vote!

By REBECCA MUSHOTA –

A FATHER of Mabumba Primary teachers’ complex in Mansa has burnt his nine-year-old daughter’s fingers in boiling water after she ate food that was meant for supper.
Mr Mulenga said Frank Bupe put the right hand of his child, Bupe, into boiling water after she ate the Chinsense sardines meant for supper.
The incident happened on Saturday around 20:00 hours and the matter was reported to police by the girl’s mother Mary Chileshe.
Mr Mulenga said preliminary investigations revealed that after the father burnt his daughter, he and his wife tried to medicate the girl with some traditional herbs the following day because they did not want to report the matter to police.
The school manager however, heard of the assault and went to the house of the girl and convinced Ms Chileshe to report her husband.
The girl is admitted to Mansa General Hospital and the father is on the run and a docket of assault on a child has been opened.
Meanwhile, a one-year-old baby of Kasongo Village in Chief Kalasa-Lukangaba’s area in Mansa has drowned in a well while the mother survived the ordeal.
Luapula Province Police Commissioner Malcolm Mulenga said yesterday that the incident happened on Tuesday around 11:00 hours in Kasongo Village.
Mr Mulenga said Nathan Chama jumped into a well and his mother jumped in to rescue him but the baby died while the mother was rescued by police officers.
He said a man called Davies Mpandamwali said he heard a boy screaming from a well and realised that it was a boy that was playing outside their home while the mother was inside the house.
Mr Mpandamwali informed the child’s mother, Chipense N’gandwe 23, who went into the well to rescue her child.
Mr Mpandamwali rushed to the police who went to the scene together with the fire brigade and rescued the mother.
“Nathan was retrieved dead and the body is in Mansa General Hospital mortuary and the mother is admitted in the same hospital where she is receiving treatment,” Mr Mulenga said.

Share this post
Tags

About The Author