Govt spends K200,000 on Ebola check
Published On May 28, 2015 » 1015 Views» By Davies M.M Chanda » Latest News
 0 stars
Register to vote!

By MILDRED KATONGO –
GOVERNMENT has spent about K200,000 in strengthening Ebola surveillance, awareness and prevention activities on the Copperbelt since threat of the disease emerged.
The money which was disbursed through the Ministry of Health under the Ebola Fund was spread across the 10 districts in the province.
Provincial medical officer Consity Mwale, said part of the money had also been used to train 49 health workers in the province from public and private health institutions on how to manage Ebola cases.
Dr Mwale said progress has been made on the surveillance, preparedness and prevention of any disease related to Ebola in the province.
He said Government has continued to support such activities as seen by the regular funding meant for health services.
“We have so far spent K200,000 on the preparedness and prevention of Ebola cases, this includes training of health personnel on how to manage Ebola,” he said.
Dr Mwale, however, expressed concern over the porous state of the Kasumbalesa Border Post in Chililabombwe.
He said the border post was wide and porous, making it difficult to manage it as people easily entered  the country from any preferred point without being screened.
Dr Mwale said the ministry in the province was working with the Zambia Revenue Authority (ZRA), Immigration Department and the Police to ensure that there was compliance in the exit and entry points.
He appealed to members of the public to respect the border entry points by ensuring that they enter and exit through designated points and be screened for Ebola effectively and efficiently.

Share this post
Tags

About The Author

Comments are closed.