6 Chibombo crash victims discharged
Published On February 9, 2014 » 2001 Views» By Hildah Lumba » HOME SLIDE SHOW, SHOWCASE
 0 stars
Register to vote!

By SYLVIA MWEETWA and CATHERINE NYIRENDA –

SIX passengers who were among the victims of Saturday’s Chibombo road traffic accident have been discharged from hospital, while two
bodies of those that died in the tragedy have been identified.
Central province medical officer Rosemary Mwansa confirmed  six of the 10 victims who were admitted
to Liteta General Hospital had been discharged.
Dr Mwansa said of the five that died, two were identified by the family members while the other three were yet to be identified.
“The condition of the remaining four still admitted is stable and they are likely to be discharged by tomorrow (today), we are optimistic that the three other bodies would be identified by their relatives,” Dr Mwansa said.
And Central Province Commissioner of Police Standwell Lungu said Police were still looking for the driver of the bus who was still at
large by Press time yesterday.
Mr Lungu appealed to the public to help them with information of the named driver who escaped after the accident.
On Saturday five people died, while 11 sustained serious injuries after the bus they were in careered off the Great North Road and overturned in Chibombo a few kilomteres from the same spot where the Postbus claimed 50 lives last year around the same period.
It is believed that the bus registration number AHB 720 belonging to CV Bus Services overturned due to speeding.
Among the dead were two men, two women and a minor while those admitted to the hospital were eight women, two men and a baby.
The accident happened between 02:00 and 03:00 hours at Mukalashi area.

Share this post
Tags

About The Author

Comments are closed.