Train cuts man in half
Published On December 29, 2013 » 4081 Views» By Davies M.M Chanda » HOME SLIDE SHOW, SHOWCASE
 0 stars
Register to vote!



AN unidentified man was yesterday sliced in half after he threw himself in front of a moving train in Ndola.

Acting Copperbelt Police Chief Joyce Kasosa confirmed the incident which happened around 10:30 hours.

Ms Kasosa said the man seemed to have been waiting for the train which was coming from the direction of Kabwe heading towards Ndola, adding that the accident happened between Masala Township and Itawa Flats.

“The driver tried to stop the train but it was too late as it had already ran over the man, cutting him into pieces,” she said.

By press time the police had not yet established the identity of the deceased and why he had decided to throw himself in front of the moving train.

A Times of Zambia crew that rushed to the scene found police officers and officials from the Zambia Red Cross Society retrieving the remains from the scene of the accident.

According to eye witnesses who were found at the scene, the man was believed to be in his late 20s.

Meanwhile, Police in Lusaka have arrested a 62-year-old hunter for killing his two colleagues.

Police deputy spokesperson Rae Hamoonga said Geshom Chishimba accidentally shot his friends identified as Elias Chalwe and Greyford Muchelenganga using a Remington double-barrel shotgun.

Mr Hamoonga said the accused of House number Three Water Falls area along Airport Road had been charged with murder.

He said the accused and Mr Muchelenganga were from the same area and were accompanied by Mr Chalwe and Aaron Chibwe from Nakaiba village all of Shibuyunji District.

The incident occurred on December 27, 2013 at 14:30 hours when the quartet had gone to hunt birds in the Kafue flats.


He said the accused slipped and fell and in the process his gun went off killing his two colleagues instantly.


“When Mr Chishimba slipped and fell, his Remington double-barrel shotgun went off killing his two colleagues Greyford Muchelenganga and Elias Chalwe instantly. The bodies of the deceased are lying in the University Teaching Hospital mortuary awaiting post mortem,” he said.


Share this post

About The Author