Govt injects K2.9m into cholera fight
Published On December 18, 2023 » 620 Views» By Times Reporter » HOME SLIDE SHOW, SHOWCASE
 0 stars
Register to vote!
• HEALTH Minister Sylvia Masebo flanked by her Permanent Secretary for Administration
Christopher Simoonga (centre) at Matero Level One Hospital in Lusaka yesterday. Picture
by SHARON KALIMBULA

By SHARON KALIMBULA –
GOVERNMENT has released K2.9 million to facilitate the mitigation of the cholera outbreak that has so far claimed 57 lives countrywide, Minister of Health Sylvia Masebo has said.
Ms Masebo said that that country had a cumulative number of 2404 cases and 57 deaths with Lusaka taking up the larger share of 1521 cases with 39 deaths, while Eastern Province having six active cases and no death recorded.
Speaking when she checked on Matero Level One Hospital cholera centre Ms. Masebo said the funds which would be available today would partly be used to beef up man power by engaging a120 community health workers to help with the sanitizations of communities through the door to door programs.

Read more

Share this post
Tags

About The Author