Nominations for ZBF elective AGM reopen
Published On February 13, 2016 » 1793 Views» By Hildah Lumba » Boxing, Sports
 0 stars
Register to vote!

By ADRIAN MWANZA –

NOMINATIONS for this month’s elective Zambia Boxing Federation (ZBF) Annual General Meeting (AGM) have been reopened, barely four days after they were controversially closed.
The nominations were reopened after Sports Minister Vincent Mwale revoked the decision by Zambia Boxing Federation (ZBF) to close submissions for nominations ahead of next weekend’s elective annual general meeting to be held in Kabwe.
The decision was passed after a meeting between the Minister and the ZBF executive committee led by its president Thomas Chileshe.
The Minister ordered elections be held in two weeks which falls within the February 27 date ZBF had set.
Mwale said submissions should remain open until the election date.
And speaking in an interview, Exodus International Boxing Promotions (EIBP) Manager Anthony Mwamba expressed excitement with the Minister’s decision to reverse the closure of nominations.
Mwamba said the Minister’s move was commendable because the earlier declaration by the ZBF executive was not done in good faith.
“The verdict by the Minister to revoke the declaration made by ZBF should be commended because he acted fairly. It will help resolve the problems once and for all.
“The minister acted in the best interest of the boxing fraternity which had been engulfed in a number of issues,” he said.
The Minister also suspended the rule where affiliates that had not paid 2016 affiliation fees were not to be part of the elective AGM.
Mwamba said the previous nomination fees were pegged at K750 and that they were just waiting for the coming AGM which was scheduled for February 27.
“We are happy with the verdict by the Minister and at the moment we are  just waiting for the forthcoming AGM,” he said.

Share this post
Tags

About The Author