‘Manyuchi deserves second chance’
Published On February 22, 2016 » 3148 Views» By Bennet Simbeye » Boxing, Sports
 0 stars
Register to vote!

By SANDRA MWILA – ORIENTAL Quarries Boxing Promotion (OQBP) manager Christopher Malunga says World Boxing Council (WBC) international welterweight champion Charles Manyuchi deserves a second chance. Malunga said OQBP only considered retaining Manyuchi in a bid to help save his career, adding that the stable is ready to work with the Zimbabwean boxers provided he changes. He said in an interview that Manyuchi will be reinstated with different terms and conditions of service following pleas from the Zimbabwean government for OQBP to help the boxer. Manyuchi, whose contract with OQBP expired in November last year, had returned home in Zimbabwe but failed to find a promoter to help him defend his title. He said at the weekend that OQBP will start a new chapter with Manyuchi who had earlier refused to extend his contract. Malunga said OQBP only renewed Manyuchi’s contract to help him save his boxing career, a decision which came after lengthy talks with the Zimbabwean government, which also consoled the boxer. “We are still deciding on Manyuchi’s contract and it will have fresh conditions. We only signed him back to help him save his career and after the Zimbabwean government pleaded with us to get him back because he could not find a promoter,” Malunga said. Malunga said OQBP was now working on getting Manyuchi a fight during Catherine Phiri’s WBC defence title fight in six months time.

Share this post
Tags

About The Author